So I thought I would start out this little blog of ours with one of my favorite recipes, my moms lasagna! It’s so simple and easy to put together! Without further ado…
1 – 24 oz container of cottage cheese, small curd
2 cups of Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 – Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 pound ground hamburger of your choosing
Lasagna noodles (you will need 6-8), plain old lasagna noodles are just fine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Fry hamburger, drain and rinse and return to pan.
2. Add in jar of spaghetti sauce, plus about 1/4 of the spaghetti sauce jars worth of water. Sometimes I will also add some garlic and/or spices to the mix at this point.
3. Mix together in a separate bowl the cottage cheese and mozzarella.
4. Start layering ingredients in pan. I use my favorite 9×9 Pampered Chef pan most of the time. Start first with about 1/3 of the meat/sauce mixture in the bottom of your pan. Then add a layer of lasagna noodles, covering the entire surface of the sauce. Next, add half the cheese mixture and smooth out. Then add 1/2 of your remaining sauce/meat mixture, then another layer of noodles, then the remaining cheese mixture and lastly the rest of the sauce/meat mixture.
7. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for one hour. When I pull mine out of the oven, I usually put some more mozarella cheese over the top and allow the whole thing to sit and cool/set for 10-15 minutes before serving. (Usually enough time to make some hot bread to go with it!)
Hope you enjoy it! It’s a fave around here!