In light of the death of David Bowie yesterday, todays 10 on Tuesday is 10 Favorite David Bowie Songs
- Space Oddity
- Lets Dance
- Under Pressure
- The Man Who Sold the World
- Modern Love
I have to admit, i’m not a huge David Bowie fan in general so I am having trouble fleshing out this list completely. My favorite song by far, and has been for a long time, is Space Oddity. I don’t know why I like it so…I just do.
This weeks Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Best Things You Did in November.
I will say that it seems like it has been a long and trying month, but there is some good that happened! Here we go!
- Watched our Boys in Blue with the 2015 World Series! Go Royals!
- Sewed and gave my Grandma, Uncles and Dad pillows made from my Grandpas old work shirts.
- Yarn adventures with Laura
- Received TWO boxes of goodies from my awesome buddy in Ireland! (I’m in a swap group that swaps goodies from your country)
- Elegant Dinner Party with friends, its a (delicious) tradition!
- Bought some coveted yarn that I wouldn’t normally treat myself to
- Was able to help out Dad before surgery and in the recovery process. My co-workers are awesome.
- Thanksgiving celebrations with both sides of my family.
- Survived…much credit to Josh, my friends and my furry babies.
A fuzzy picture of all my fuzzy babies on my lap!
Ahhhh…a very relevant topic this week, being Thanksgiving week in the US and all. Without further ado:
10 Things You Are Thankful For Right Now
- My health. I am able to do what I need to do and take care of others when I need to.
- My parents health. I love them so much
- My sister, niece and brother and law.
- My friends – I don’t know what I would do without them.
- My furry family. They are the best and know how to give the best cuddles, right when I need them most.
- Music and books. Some times you just need to get out of your head, you know?
- Grandma’s. Mine is awesome.
- My job and co-workers. They are always there in a pinch to fill in.
- Shelter – it may not be much, but its home.
2/3’s of the canine crew around here, Pickle and Noodle
This weeks ten things prompt is one that is fresh in my mind, since we just got back from a lovely weekend getaway.
10 Things You Take In A Travel Tote Bag
- Knitting projects – yes projects. I always have several going and pack at least 2 of them when I go anywhere. I need variety!
- My Kindle. I have several books from the library checked out on it right now. I really need to get on those…
- Laptop or iPad. Depends on where we are going and for how long, but electronics are a must.
- Charging cables – see said electronics in #3.
- Coloring books and colors of some sort. I always like variety in choosing busy “work” items.
- My camera – these days its mostly neglected but you never know when you might need it, especially if you don’t pack it.
- Lotion – I can’t stand dry hands
- Toiletries – the usual stuffs
- A water bottle.
- An emergency stash of various ailment cures like ibuprofen, loperamide and nausea meds. Always be prepared!
So what about you? What do you always travel with?
My new purse!
This weeks writing prompt: 10 Things You Did This Weekend
This is the perfect subject for me this week! My boyfriend and I went on our first official, non family related, vacation. Albeit a short one, it still counts! It’s been a particularly stressful past month or so and I decided that we were leaving town. I didn’t care where we went, but we weren’t staying home!
So without further ado:
- Worked Saturday – they tend to be quick days for us since they are only 9-12, this one was no exception
- Road Tripped with my dogs – first one ever!
- Ate BBQ – twice!
- Saw a castle at HaHa Tonka State Park
- Saw the clearest water i’ve ever seen in Missouri – at Ha Ha State Park near the spring
- Drove aimlessly – this was a trip with no real plan. Just motel reservations.
- Took pictures on said State Park adventure – my poor DSLR camera doesn’t get any attention anymore. She needed a workout
- Knitted – duh!
- Didn’t cook a single meal – it was NICE
The sunset Saturday night
What about you?
This weeks prompt: 10 Things You Love To Do With Your Best Friend
I met my BFF in middle school. We actually grew up on parallel streets and I always knew who she was but never actually met her until a mutual friend introduced us in middle school. From that point on we were fast friends and are still BFF’s to this day. I don’t know what I would do without her.
So without further ado; 10 things I love to do with my BFF
- Eating. Who doesn’t love to eat? It’s better with good friends too! We love to get together and do some cooking/grilling and EATING.
- Coffee. Every Sunday morning at Starbucks. It’s a staple and a great centering/starting point for the week.
- Text. I love the texting form of communication and its great to be able to send a quick “thinking about you” message.
- Share. Our day, our feelings, whatever. Sometimes we overshare. What are BFF’s for, afterall?
- Laugh. Self explanatory.
- Coloring. I’m so glad that it’s “cool” for adults now. I have always loved coloring and it’s nice that there are books that aren’t just cartoon characters to color!
- Exploring. I wish we could get out of town and explore more but it’s still fun to explore things around our great city!
- Games. Card, board, whatever. It’s about the fellowship. Except when we are playing Settlers of Catan. Then its just a battle not to hate each others guts before the end. 🙂
- Watch Baseball. GO ROYALS!
- Sit and Veg. It’s the great american past time and we are perfectly happy just to sit in the same room and just be.
My BFF and I at Sunday coffee
Hi! Long time, no see! Things have been busy and time just flies. I thought I would dive in with a 10 on Tuesday prompt. This weeks prompt? 10 Things You Did This Weekend.
- Worked. Only Saturday but those I don’t mind much, it a quick 3 hours then you are free to enjoy yourself!
- Partied. Don’t get too excited, it was pretty low key. We had a family picnic for my Grandparents 65th (!!!) Anniversary.
- Visited. With party goers, a few which made the trek in from PA for the occasion.
- Cleaned up the house some, an ongoing chore
- Gave my self an at home, wanna be gel manicure.
- Ate BBQ with out of towners, they had to get their fill because PA BBQ just isn’t the same!
- Coffee with my BFF. Its our Sunday morning ritual to meet and have coffee, but I had been out of town and unavailable for the last two weeks. It was so good, we went Monday morning too! Yay holiday!
- Learned of my Grandfathers passing. It’s been a long time coming, but didn’t make it any easier, of course.
- Colored. It’s my new favorite pastime, next to knitting…and reading.
- Read. I currently have 3 books checked out to my Kindle that I need to finish! I am currently working on “The Woman Upstairs” by Claire Messud
With that, I think I will just leave this:
My Grandpa and I at a cousins wedding almost 10 years ago.
Todays Ten on Tuesday topic is all about “staycations”. I do love me a good staycation as its nice to have the time off work on the cheap. Without further ado: 10 Favorite Things To Do On A Summer Staycation
1. Sleep in! The dogs don’t always (ever) allow for this, but I can usually get away with getting them fed and pottied and jumping back in to bed and cuddle with them
2. Read! It’s something I love doing but I don’t take nearly enough time to just sit down and read.
3. Try some new restaurants. KC has so many restaurants to try and Dad and I are making an effort every week to check more off the list!
4. Squeeze yarn. Always and forever. Even if I don’t buy any yarn, its always fun to go look and feel and squeeze! We have a few great yarn shops around within a 20-30 minute drive from home.
5. Knitting. Duh. 🙂
6. Get caught up on houseworky stuff. I know, boring. BUT, there is something so satisfying with getting the boring stuff done!
7. Try some new recipes. My Pinterest board is a million pins long with stuff to try!
8. Go to a Royals game. GO ROYALS!!! Love those boys in blue.
9. Go to the Nelson-Atkins Museum. There is always something new to discover there, even in the exhibits that i’ve seen several times before. Plus? It’s free!
10. Take the camera out exploring. I love a good photography day. I really need to get out there with my camera, staycation or no!
What are your favorite staycation activities?