So if you’re not from New York or Kansas City or don’t follow baseball you probably don’t know this.
We are kind of a big deal around here right now. We as in our Kansas City Royals! We won the 2015 World Series! We played 5 games and won it by scoring 5 runs in the 12 inning of that 5th game!
Tomorrow is the parade for the team and I’m pretty sure the whole city is basically shutting down. Schools have cancelled, businesses are closing, its crazy. I would like to go down, but I don’t love crazy crowds like that and think I will opt to stay out of that mess. I found out today that I was actually at the parade in 1985, the last time we won the World Series.
WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
Hi! Long time, no see! Things have been busy and time just flies. I thought I would dive in with a 10 on Tuesday prompt. This weeks prompt? 10 Things You Did This Weekend.
- Worked. Only Saturday but those I don’t mind much, it a quick 3 hours then you are free to enjoy yourself!
- Partied. Don’t get too excited, it was pretty low key. We had a family picnic for my Grandparents 65th (!!!) Anniversary.
- Visited. With party goers, a few which made the trek in from PA for the occasion.
- Cleaned up the house some, an ongoing chore
- Gave my self an at home, wanna be gel manicure.
- Ate BBQ with out of towners, they had to get their fill because PA BBQ just isn’t the same!
- Coffee with my BFF. Its our Sunday morning ritual to meet and have coffee, but I had been out of town and unavailable for the last two weeks. It was so good, we went Monday morning too! Yay holiday!
- Learned of my Grandfathers passing. It’s been a long time coming, but didn’t make it any easier, of course.
- Colored. It’s my new favorite pastime, next to knitting…and reading.
- Read. I currently have 3 books checked out to my Kindle that I need to finish! I am currently working on “The Woman Upstairs” by Claire Messud
With that, I think I will just leave this:
My Grandpa and I at a cousins wedding almost 10 years ago.