Todays Ten on Tuesday topic is all about “staycations”. I do love me a good staycation as its nice to have the time off work on the cheap. Without further ado: 10 Favorite Things To Do On A Summer Staycation
1. Sleep in! The dogs don’t always (ever) allow for this, but I can usually get away with getting them fed and pottied and jumping back in to bed and cuddle with them
2. Read! It’s something I love doing but I don’t take nearly enough time to just sit down and read.
3. Try some new restaurants. KC has so many restaurants to try and Dad and I are making an effort every week to check more off the list!
4. Squeeze yarn. Always and forever. Even if I don’t buy any yarn, its always fun to go look and feel and squeeze! We have a few great yarn shops around within a 20-30 minute drive from home.
5. Knitting. Duh. 🙂
6. Get caught up on houseworky stuff. I know, boring. BUT, there is something so satisfying with getting the boring stuff done!
7. Try some new recipes. My Pinterest board is a million pins long with stuff to try!
8. Go to a Royals game. GO ROYALS!!! Love those boys in blue.
9. Go to the Nelson-Atkins Museum. There is always something new to discover there, even in the exhibits that i’ve seen several times before. Plus? It’s free!
10. Take the camera out exploring. I love a good photography day. I really need to get out there with my camera, staycation or no!
What are your favorite staycation activities?